Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dreading that walk from my dorm to my car. The wind chilling my bones as I took new steps into an adventure. Going home seemed like it was going to be a chore today but it turned into a series of events leasing me back to my roots. The country.

I drove the miles between the outskirts of campus to my house windows down the heat on but the cold breeze connecting to feel like I was in heaven. I didnt listen to any music the whole way there and found myself lost in my own thoughts. Getting stuck behind three different tractors I impaitently zoomed around what felt like ages of diesel and exhaust.

Once home i returned to my accounting ways and finished the never ending payroll for my dads established business.

Once I left i realized how far from my true self I had really become. Not a lick of camo on my body, no country music you can hear from roads away, no hat on my head, no boots covered in the characters and adventures from years of hardwork and determination.

I realized I was becoming a city girl. Lost in the traffic lights the bright signs and the cigarette smoke that lingired every so often.

I dont mind Kalamazoo but I miss the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment